Iran used to have Visa on Arrival (VOA) for Indians but stopped it after India did the same. Such a shame! But the visa process is pretty straightforward and we didn’t face any hiccups.
Documents requirements of Iran visa for Indian citizens:
- Visa approval code from a tour agent in Iran (email printout)
- 2-3 photos
- HIV/Hepatitis – B / Montox (TB) Medical Certificate
- Form 16 (not mandatory)
For visa approval code, I contacted Touran Zamin. The cost is 41 euros. Because of the economic sanctions on Iran, NEFT transfer is not possible. You will need a Paypal account to transfer this amount. You can check the payment instructions on their site: www.TouranZamin.com
I got the visa approval code within 2 hours os transferring the amount. I applied through Mumbai consulate and got the visa within 10 working days.
- Contact a local tour operator who can provide you the visa approval code. I would recommend Touran Zamin.
- Get your HIV/Hepatitis – B/Montox (TB) Medical tests done. The Iran consulate didn’t specify any medical centres to conduct this test. I did the tests in a private lab, which they didn’t mind.
- Before going to the embassy, call and confirm with the embassy that they have received your visa approval code.
- Submit the above mentioned documents in the Embassy.
- After checking your documents, the visa officer will give you a bank slip from Dena bank. The slip contains the details of Iran Consulate. Fill the slip and pay the amount in Dena bank.
- Collect the receipt from the bank and submit it to the visa officer.
- The visa officer will give you a piece of paper which has the date when you will get the visa. Bring this paper when you come to collect the visa. You should usually get it within 10 working days. There is also a express facility available.